Welcome to the Tennessee Beekeepers Association's
"Bee-ing Inspired" 2021 Annual Fall Conference!
Friday & Saturday, October 8th and 9th, 2021
8:00am- 5:00pm Central
Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) Student Union Building
1768 MTSU Blvd, Murfreesboro, TN 37132
Dedicated Conference Page info: https://tinyurl.com/4eu3tkvp
35+ Featured Speakers. 40+ Different Classes for Beekeepers of all levels.
NOTE: REGISTRATION PRICE INCLUDES ENTRY TO THE CONFERENCE ON BOTH DAYS.
EARLY Registration for TBA Members is $40 per person for the two-day conference.
Not a TBA member? It's easy to join and is just $20 for a single one year membership.
EARLY Registration for Non-TBA Members is $60 per person for the two-day conference.
Early registration deadline is September 17, 2021. For registrations on and after September 18, 2021, registration will be: $50 for TBA members & $70 for Non-TBA Members.
EXCEPT FOR MEALS, THERE IS NO REGISTRATION FEE FOR CHILDREN AGES 7 TO 16. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CONFERENCE LEADERS, FELLOW ATTENDEES, AND VENDORS BY MAKING OFF-CAMPUS ARRANGEMENTS FOR INFANTS AND CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 7.
There is a Food Court, Farm to Market Restaurant, & Grab & Go Convenience Store all located on the First Level of the conference building. Breakfast, lunch, drinks and snacks are available to purchase from those locations at all hours of the conference.
For any attendees who would rather stay on the Conference Level, 2nd Floor, and be served a boxed lunch, boxed lunches are available when you register. All Boxed Lunch include: (1) lunch sandwich, (1)chips, (1) Craveworthy cookie, condiments and (1)bottled water.
- Chris Werner, Indian Summer Honey Farm of Wisconsin
- Gary S. Reuter, University of Minnesota Apiculture Lab
- David Glover, The Barlett Bee Whisperer
- Kamon Reynolds, Tennessee's Bees
- Randy McCaffrey, 628 Dirt Rooster Bees, MS
- Jay Williams, Williams Honey Farm, Franklin, TN
- Kent Williams, Williams Honey Bees, Wingo, KY
- Aaron Burns, The Burns & The Bees
- Dr. Elise Chapman, The University of TN at Chattanooga
- Dr. Jennifer Tsuruda, TN State Apiculturist
- Michael Studer, TN Department of Agriculture State Apiarist
- Dr. Ramesh Sagill, Oregon State University (Zoom Presentation)
- Phil Craft, "Ask Phil" Bee Culture
- Howard Kerr, TBA President
- Virginia Webb, Mtn Honey, Clarksville, GA
- Gary Ownsby, Honey Hollow
- Neranza Noel Blount, Neranza Noel Blount Artist
- Chef Greg J. Eisele, Culinary Program Director, University of Tennessee Knoxville
- Kellie Burns, The Burns & The Bees
- Harold "Peanut" Inman & Isla Inman, West Cove Mountain Apiary
- Jessica Dodds-Davis, Honeybee Tennessee
- Keith Elrod, Rutherford County Beekeepers Association
- Carmen Delligatt, NCRS/USDA
- Chris Theiler, Southern Bines Farm
- Keith Riggle, Waters Edge Apiary
- Michele Harbin, Harbin Hollow
- Kasi Haire, President TN Association of Farmers Markets
- Jay Heselschwerdt, Eastern Regional State Apiary Inspector, TN Dept. of Ag
- Dr. Larry Millet, The Center for Environmental Biotechnology, U of Tennessee Knoxville
- Grant Pulse, Tennessee Department of Agriculture
- David Hughes, Rock Bridge Trees
Look What's In Store for the 2021 Conference:
- Annual George DeBusk Honey Show (Honey, Wax, Photography Competition)
- Black Jar Honey Show- Claim the Title: "Best Tasting Honey in All of TN"!
- Honey Jar Exchange-Swap your Honey for a Jar of Honey from another Region
- Painting With Encaustic Demo, the Ancient Art of Painting with Wax & Resin
- Cooking with Honey Demo by a multi-award winning Chef, and Samples!
- Half Day Beginning Beekeeping Course for Beginners
- A Dedicated Vendor Room, complete with a Vendor Demo Area
- Silent Auction to include: extractors; full hives; beginner kits & more
- "Honey Bees for Kids in TN" Class to be streamed to TN Elementary Schools
- State of the Art Audio/Visual to enhance your educational experience
- Expansive Lounge & Breakout Areas for improved networking opportunities
- Food Court Restaurants, Farmers Market an 'all you care to eat" restaurant
- Option to Purchase Box Lunches to save time from lines at the restaurants
HOTEL & RV PARKING INFO: https://tinyurl.com/xy49935f